What is Labour Law?
In legal terms, the Labour Law is the law that regulates the relationship between employers, employees and trade unions.
Often times, as employees, we find ourselves naive about what exactly our rights are, the conditions on which we may or may not be employed and the remuneration structure we are paid and why.
Employees generally take their lead from the Basic Condition of Employment Act when they make positions available for employees, but every once in a while there is some confusion or uncertainty and other times there is just blatant disregard when these conditions are considered and this can result in some truly unhappy circumstances for you as an employee. Fret not, as Lee and McAdam Attorneys are more than capable of assisting you in knowing and understanding your rights, both an an employer and an employee.
We can assist you in any of the following ways:
– Applications in the Labour Court, CCMA and Bargaining Councils
– Drafting of employment contracts and policy documents
– Conducting of disciplinary, performance, grievance and appeal hearings
– Wage and benefit negotiations with unions/employees
– Urgent applications in the Labour Court for interdicts and staying attachments in execution of arbitration awards
– Conduct of performance hearings and reviews
– Retrenchment notifications and consultations