When selling your property, the conveyancing attorneys will require the following documents:
Title Deed – If you have a current home loan with a financial institution, they will have this document. If the property is not bonded you should have this original.
Electrical Compliance Certificate – must be less than 2 years old, provided that no electrical alterations have been made within this time span
Pest Control Certificate – usually only applies to coastal properties unless specifically indicated on the Agreement.
Electric Fence Certificate – applies if you have an electric fence
Gas Compliance Certificate – applies if you have any gas installations
Thatched Roof – a lightning certificate (needs to be renewed annually)
Water Installation Compliance Certificate – only a requirement in Cape Town
For any queries, please contact jackie@leeandmcadam.co.za or keith@leeandmcadam.co.za